Skip to content
Passion Dome Building Instructions - 30'
- 24 pieces of 10’x1.5″ PVC pipe
- 30 pieces of 1.5″ PVC threaded male couplers
- 30 pieces of 1.5″ PVC threaded female couplers
- PVC primer & brush
- PVC extra strong glue & brush
- 12 pieces of 4’x0.5″ rebar stakes
- 12 pieces of 1.5’x0.5″ PVC pipe
- 12 cable ties or metal chicken wire
- 200′ nylon cord
- 40′ round parachute (about 1250sq. ft.)
- 30′ round tarp (about 700sq. ft. circular area)
- The above are exact quentities needed. Take extra, particularly couplers!
- Silicon spray and brush – to clean the couplers
- Wire cutter – to cut the chicken wire and cord
- Sledge hammer – to insert rebar stakes
- Vice grip – to pull out rebar stakes
- 2 1.75″ ranch – to disassemble pipes
- PVC cutter/saw – to cut & fix broken pipes
- 8′ ladder – to hang stuff on roof
- Glue a male and a female coupler at the end of each 10′ pipe. Important: first apply primer to both parts, and let them dry. Then glue with extra strong PVC glue
- While transporting the pipes, cover the ends to protect the couplers’ threads from dirt and damage
- Assemble 6 40′ poles by connecting each 40′ pole from 4 10′ pipe. Use the silicon spray and brush to thoroughly clean the couplers before assembly.
- Add corresponding threaded coupler at both sides of each pole to protect the end pieces
- Mark a 30′ circle on the ground, using a stake and a 15′ cord.
- Insert 12 rebar stakes around the circle, 7’9″ apart, 2′ into the ground, leaving 1′ above the ground (in sand or soft ground use longer rebar stakes).
- Insert a 1.5’x0.5″ pipe on each of the stakes.
- Insert the 6 poles on the stakes in a star layout. Tip: each pole touches two stakes that are 5 stakes appart on the circle.
- Connect the poles at the 12 intersections using cable ties or chicken wire. The ties should face down to avoid damaging the cover.
- Tie cord guides around the dome at the ground level, and preferably also at 7′ from the ground.
- Put the cover on the dome, stretch it, and secure to the cord guides.
- Put the tarp on the ground and secure it to the stakes with cords.
- Secure the dome with additional guides based on the expected winds.