Passion Dome Building Instructions - 30'
- 24 pieces of 10'x1.5" PVC pipe
- 30 pieces of 1.5" PVC threaded male couplers
- 30 pieces of 1.5" PVC threaded
- PVC primer & brush
- PVC extra strong glue & brush
- 12 pieces of 4'x0.5" rebar stakes
- 12 pieces of 1.5'x0.5" PVC pipe
- 12 cable ties or metal chicken wire
- 200' nylon cord
- 40' round parachute (about 1250sq. ft.)
- 30' round tarp (about 700sq. ft. circular area)
- The above are exact quentities needed. Take extra, particularly couplers!
- Silicon spray and brush - to clean the couplers
- Wire cutter - to cut the chicken wire and cord
- Sledge hammer - to insert rebar stakes
- Vice grip - to pull out rebar stakes
- 2 1.75" ranch - to disassemble pipes
- PVC cutter/saw - to cut & fix broken pipes
- 8' ladder - to hang stuff on roof
- Glue a male and a female coupler at the end of
each 10' pipe. Important: first apply primer to both parts, and let
them dry. Then glue with extra strong PVC glue
- While transporting the pipes, cover the ends to protect the couplers'
threads from dirt and damage
Set Up (See Passion Dome
- Assemble 6 40' poles by connecting each 40' pole from 4
10' pipe. Use the silicon
spray and brush to thoroughly clean the couplers before assembly.
- Add corresponding threaded coupler at both sides of each pole to
protect the end pieces
- Mark a 30' circle on the ground, using a stake and a 15' cord.
- Insert 12 rebar stakes around the circle, 7'9" apart, 2' into
the ground, leaving 1' above the ground (in sand or soft ground use
longer rebar stakes).
- Insert a 1.5'x0.5" pipe on each of the stakes.
- Insert the 6 poles on the stakes in a star layout. Tip: each pole touches two stakes that are
5 stakes appart on the circle.
- Connect the poles at the 12 intersections using cable ties or chicken wire. The ties
should face down to avoid damaging the cover.
- Tie cord guides around the dome at the ground level, and preferably
also at 7' from the ground.
- Put the cover on the dome, stretch it, and secure to the cord guides.
- Put the tarp on the ground and secure it to the stakes with cords.
- Secure the dome with additional guides based on the expected winds.